Stir-Fried Cabbage 干煸圆白菜


Ingredients:
450g cabbage, sliced into bite sized pieces; 2 tbsp sugar; 2 tbsp white vinegar; 2 tbsp soy sauce; 1 tsp salt; 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper; 1 tbsp vegetable oil.

Directions:

  1. Blend the sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, salt and cayenne pepper until mixed thoroughly.
  2. Add the vegetable oil to a preheated wok over high heat and heat for 30 seconds.
  3. Turn the heat down to midway. Add the cabbage and stir-fry for 3 minutes until it is wilted and covered with oil. 
  4. Remove the wok from the heat and stir in the sauce mixture. Serve immediately.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this stir-fried cabbage recipe. I've never had much of a liking for cabbage until my recent trip to China. I'm surprised by the amount of cabbage they eat there. I ate a lot of cabbage while I was there. I don't know what it is about their cabbage dishes, but they make it very well. I've been looking for a Chinese cabbage dish that I could make at home. My kids don't like cabbage either, but I'm sure they will after I make a cabbage stir-fry dish that's similar to what I've eaten in China.
http://www.moonwok.ca

Post a Comment